Friday, October 17, 2008

parting words

as katie, chels, and dax dropped me at the dulles airport last weekend, dax challenged: "finish strong, cc." and that's what i'm trying to do. it has been a 9-month roller coaster ride and i am exhausted.

fortunately, i haven't had to try that hard because working in the musician's village with habitat for humanity is freakin' sweet! this week i have worked alongside volunteers from the church of christ, ipma (international paralegal management association), and xerox. i have installed siding, insulation, and baffle & caulked and painted to my heart's content. each day has challenged me and it is a satisfying way to wrap up my stint of service.

besides, the construction manager sounds like seth rogan and i spend most of my days climbing ladders and rafters...i mean, really. what's not to love?

No comments: