Wednesday, June 27, 2007

these are a few of my favorite things (this week)

THE SMURFS
one of my favorite adolescent activities was throwing smurfing sing song on the record player and dancing it up with my sisters. for the smurf-deprived, i offer these song lyrics which come in response to smurfette's request, "papa smurf, tell me a story...":


"You're a pink toothbrush, I'm a blue toothbrush
Have we met somewhere before?
You're a pink toothbrush and I think toothbrush
That we met by the bathroom door.

"Glad to meet toothbrush, such a sweet toothbrush
How you thrill me through and through
Dont be hard toothbrush on a soft toothbrush
'Cause I cant help loving you.

"Every time I hear you whistle...... it makes my nylon bristle.......

"You're a pink toothbrush, I'm a blue toothbrush
Won't you marry me in haste?
I'll be true toothbrush, just to you toothbrush
When we both use the same toothpaste."


POTTY EMERGENCY
yesterday the water pipes broke at 1880 century part east. this was significant to the ki girls for 2 reasons:

- it shut down the organic cafe we love
- we weren't allowed to use the restroom in our office

you might say the second created a potty emergency. i couldn't help but think of wakko's dilemma as all four ki girls trekked down the street to a nearby high-rise to beg use of their restroom. we potty-danced and fratrinized in the long line outside the single cell, unisex facility offered to us.

COMMON INTERESTS
monday night i became aware that toasty bonz and i share a similiar, somewhat macabre, fascination. this resulted in much googling, quiet discussion, and subsequent nightmares. unfortunately, i am not at liberty to share more on this subject. for details, corner one of us and offer an appropriate bribe (e.g. large sum of money, substantial gossip, or lots and lots of chocolate).

No comments: