Monday, January 31, 2005

Why Miss Chatterbox?

Introductions:

For as long as I can remember, I have been the official talker ... well, in my life. When I was five, our family houseguest used to lock himself in the bathroom so I'd stop talking to him. This did not deter me. On the contrary, I would stand outside the closed bathroom door and just talk louder.

Two weeks ago, I discovered an English children's book series featuring characters such as "Mr. Smile," "Mr. Scared," and "Miss Chatterbox." I felt a special connection with the latter as I read her tale of woes resulting from her talking addiction.

And so it was that I determined to dedicate this blog to her. Sort've.

There are some other important characters in my life: Among them are Owen (my 4-year-old nephew), Miles (his 2-year-old brother), and Chunky Chunky (pronounced /Chunky Choonky/ - more on him/her to follow).

No comments: