Thursday, July 07, 2005

Having recently been in London (January/February 2005), the terrorist attacks this morning hit close to home:

I imagined my sister-in-law, Velia, and I toting my two toddler nephews around central London last winter. I considered that we rode the Tube past King's Cross multiple times each day. I heard Owen's voice announcing each station as we approached it in the tunnell. I imagined my little nephews riding on the upper level of the red double-decker buses so they could get a better view of the city.

I don't want to spend a long time on this subject; I know people are mourning for those who were killed or injured this morning. But I do want to take a moment to mourn with those people, and pause my fast-paced life to appreciate the fragility of it all.

We lived in Islington.

http://www.economist.com/agenda/displayStory.cfm?story_id=4154682

No comments: